- May 28, 2015
Do you respond to the question ‘what is your favorite hobby?’ with ‘reading through database queries’? Do you use jargon like TOAD, PL/SQL, SQL Developer as a part of your daily routine?
We are looking for a QA Lead for database testing who has at least six or seven years of prior experience and is able to lead and manage both – project and the team.
If you are still reading this, we assume you have exposure to working on maintenance and Agile projects, and tools such as RALLY, MANTIS or something similar.
What a day in the office will involve:
- Performing code inspection or walkthrough, particularly SQL code, from a QA perspective (Whitebox testing).
- Proactively reviewing test plans with other disciplines for completeness.
- Documenting and elevating risks when appropriate.
- Mining for data, performing backend validation, and performing data quality analysis via SQL – preferably Oracle SQL Developer.
- Writing complex SQL (DML) queries including joins and nested queries.
- Providing most viable solutions for technical problems, arising on day-to-day work, to the team members.
- Mentoring and guiding team members from a technical standpoint.
The position is based in Bangalore, India.[br]
Apply now:[accua-form fid=”1″]