- May 28, 2015
Are you willing to manage a hands-on supervisory position responsible for guiding product development of web applications while utilizing Java, AngularJS in an Agile/Scrum development environment?
With your experience in the healthcare domain, this full stack development position provides leadership by promoting Agile best practices within the development teams. It supports product owners in the execution of respective product roadmaps with hands-on development.
- Ensure that all developers are guided and empowered to follow best practices of Agile software development.
- Ensure architectural integrity of core PaaS architecture.
- Advise on technical debt.
- Contribute to open source healthcare project which we sponsor.
- Write code for complex systems (e.g. a large number of interaction points, large number of tables, complex business rules).
- Review other developers’ code developers; identify alternative development approaches for team.
- Analyze existing programs and modify application code to create enhancement or develop new programs.
- Perform unit testing and complex debugging; work with other team members to resolve problems.
- Serve as project lead on one or more large, complex projects, which require increased skill in multiple technical environments and processes knowledge of a specific business area.
We expect you to have an advanced understanding of software development, architecture, and tools available in the market and demonstrate ability to assimilate new technologies.
You will be in charge of process and coding standards for the team, ensuring compliance and technical feasibility, and providing feedback on new initiatives.
Educational qualification and experience we seek:
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience; could have technology certifications.
- Prior experience as a team lead in an Agile development environment required.
- 10+ years of progressive work experience designing and developing full stack applications in a Java/ JEE environment.
- Experience with data modeling, relational databases, data structures and design.
- Experience working with product and business management teams.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company.
Technical knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to determine a good user story.
- Break down user stories into work requirements.
- Effective unit testing.
- Collaborative team based design.
- Practitioner of contract programming.
- Knowledge and skill with Git, Jenkins, Gradle, RESTful API, JSON, AngularJS, HTML5.
We would like to see you foster an environment of collaboration, and establish and maintain effective work relationships, supporting the company leadership and team members.
You will be faced with adversity but we will see you shine through by managing changing priorities and embracing the change. Bottom line: Work hard, still have fun.